Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update on Cole's ears

We went to the Dr yesterday. He STILL has the infections. He was running a slight temp too. The Dr immediately told us to call the ENT for an appointment and tell them they sent us. She said there was nothing else they could do at this point. Dr. Wilson who Russell saw a few months back sees children also. We have an appointment Thursday at 315. I talked to the nurse and she said from the sound of it that he would definitely be getting tubes. It is possible by us going Thursday they could do them as soon as Tuesday. They do have to put him to sleep, so, he will not be able to eat or drink after midnight. Please, start praying now for this. We all know how a 8 month old baby wants his bottle when he wakes up.

I am ready for tubes, but I do not know if I am ready for my baby to be put to sleep!! That scares me. But I know God is on control.

The pediatrician gave him more antibiotics to keep taking until we go Thursday. Dr. Wilson's nurse said it was ok for him to take them.

We will go to Mobile and spend the night for the tubes. That way we will not have to get up and drive with him to Mobile and try to keep him ok without a bottle. That way we would be right by the office and not have to drive long with him. Since the procedur only takes about 20 minutes, Luke can go with us. We could not spend the night if we had to leave him. This way we can make it a "fun" night out for the family too.

2 comments:

abryant said...

Great Idea to spend the night. Dalton had the tubes, but he was 16 months when he got them so it is different for the kids. He will be fine, I just know that it will go well and that's what we'll pray for.

sklay723 said...

My son didn't need them, but my friend's son had tubes put in right after he turned 1. His mom told me she couldn't believe what a difference they made! Hopefully they can schedule the procedure for first thing in the morning so he won't have to wait all day without eating/drinking. We'll be praying for you all and we know it will all work out GREAT! Take care and keep us posted.